What Does An Insurance Adjuster Do?
In the context of auto accidents, the claims adjuster’s role and responsibilities include:
After a car accident, the claims adjuster reviews the information provided by the policyholder and any other involved parties. They assess the damages to the vehicles, injuries sustained by individuals, and the extent of property damage.
The adjuster examines the facts of the accident to determine who was at fault. They review police reports, witness statements, photos of the accident scene, and other evidence to establish liability.
The adjuster reviews the insurance policy to determine coverage limits and exclusions. They ensure that the accident falls within the scope of the policy’s terms.
Claims adjusters may interview drivers, passengers, and witnesses to gather firsthand accounts of the accident. These interviews help them piece together the sequence of events leading to the collision.
To estimate the value of the claim, adjusters evaluate the extent of vehicle damage, medical bills, and property losses. They may also consider the cost of repairs, replacement parts, and any necessary medical treatments.
Based on their assessment, the adjuster negotiates a settlement amount with the policyholder or the claimant. This involves considering medical expenses, property damage, pain and suffering, and other relevant factors.
Claims adjusters compile detailed reports and documentation to support their findings. This documentation is crucial in the event of legal proceedings or disputes.
In cases where disputes arise or complex legal issues are involved, the claims adjuster may seek legal counsel to ensure proper handling of the claim.
Can An Attorney Handle My Car Accident Claim?
Dealing with a claims adjuster can be overwhelming, especially in no-fault states where insurance processes can be intricate. A car accident lawyer at Friedland & Associates can be your advocate and guide in handling the claims adjuster:
- Our lawyers are skilled negotiators who can negotiate on your behalf with the claims adjuster to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries, damages, and losses.
- They will gather and organize evidence, medical records, and other documentation to support your claim and ensure that no crucial details are overlooked.
- If your claim is denied, undervalued, or you encounter resistance from the insurance company, a lawyer can step in to protect your rights and explore legal avenues.
- Our car accident lawyers are well-versed in insurance laws and regulations, ensuring that your claim is handled in compliance with relevant statutes.
- If necessary, lawyers are prepared to take your case to court and represent your interests before a judge and jury.
Contact Us Today!
If you’ve been involved in a car accident and are dealing with a claims adjuster, reach out to Friedland & Associates today to schedule a free consultation.
Our experienced car accident lawyers can help you navigate the claims process, protect your rights, and pursue the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to discuss your case.